CHARACTER COUNTS! is two things: an educational framework for teaching universal values and a national coalition of organizations that support each other.
Universal Values: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, Citizenship
The City of Port Washington, the Village of Saukville and the Port Washington-Saukville School District have teamed together on this initiative: Annually the governmental units pass a resolution affirming their commitment to Character Counts Communities.
Empowering individuals to Make Positive ChoicesOur Goals
- Connect Character Counts to all daily interactions to provide a safe and supportive environment.
- Educate Families, Businesses, Organizations, and school and faith communities to implement and model the Character Counts six pillars.
- Foster positive youth and adult role models.
- Take the initiative to identify and redirect unacceptable behavior.
- Honor persons who exemplify the traits of good character.
- Develop a funding support mechanism to communicate, promote and market Character Counts.
- Illustrate thru signs and symbols "Character Counts".
- Go Public.
- Join the national organization.
- Be Programmatic.
- Fund raising to sustain programs.
- Identify all businesses. Chambers, schools, civic organizations, faith based communities.
For more information regarding Character Counts! Communities and our meetings, call Capt. Keller at 262-284-8922 or e-mail him at email@example.com. For more about the Character Counts! program, visit the Port Washington/Saukville Character Counts Communities® website or the National Character Counts® website.