FORMS & LETTERS
Identity Theft Packet
Document to print and fill out before filing your report with the Port Washington Police Department.
Identity Theft Affidavit
Another document print and fill out before filing your complaint with the Port Washington Police Department.
Sample Letter 1
A sample letter you may send to a company that you do not have an account with, if a new account has been opened fraudulently with your identity.
Sample Letter 2
A sample letter you may send to a company that you do have an account with if you suspect someone is using the account with your stolen identity.
Social Security Administration
What to do when your Social Security number has been stolen.
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Learn how to protect yourself from identity theft and fraud.
United States Department of Justice
Helpful advice on identity theft and fraud.
Federal Trade Commission
In-depth information to assist you if you find you are the victim of identity theft.
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
Report Fraud - 1-800-525-6285
PO Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013
Report Fraud - 1-888-397-3742
760 Sproul Road
PO Box 390
Springfield, PA 19064-0390
Report Fraud - 1-800-680-7289
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal identifying information without your consent. Unauthorized use of your personal identifying information would include fraudulent use of your name, birth date, credit card number, or virtually any other card or document that contains information about you which can be used to obtain goods and services.
Identity theft is becoming one of the fastest growing crimes across the nation. According to the Federal Trade Commission, as many as 9 million Americans have their identity stolen each year.
In Wisconsin, it is a Class H felony to intentionally use, attempt to use, or possess with intent to use any personal identifying information or personal identification document of an individual without the authorization or consent of that individual (Wisconsin State Statutes 943.201.
If you are a citizen of the City of Port Washington that has become a victim of identity theft, please contact the Port Washington Police Department at 262-284-2611 to report your crime. For your convenience, you may print out the Port Washington Police Department Identity Theft Packet and Identity Theft Affidavit located on this website. This packet provides helpful information to you, the victim, in the event your identity has been stolen.
If someone has stolen your identity, please follow these steps:
- Print out the Identity Theft Packet and
Identity Theft Affidavit located on this web page.
- Fill out the appropriate information in the packet.
- If you are a citizen of the city of Port Washington, contact the Port Washington Police Department at 262-284-2611 to discuss your situation with a Port Washington Police Officer. Please have the Identity Theft Victim's Packet completed and provide a copy to the officer.
- Please have available all other pertinent documents which the Port Washington Police Department may require for prosecution of the suspect.
- If the company you have filed a dispute with is investigating your case and you only require a police report number from the Port Washington Police Department you will still need to discuss your situation with a Port Washington Police Officer.