Parking in the downtown area includes one and two hour time zones which are enforced. The marina areas and some public parking lots are regulated by parking meter.
Downtown Overnight Permit Parking
This permit does not provide for on-street parking unless it is issued in lieu of a "special event". Vehicles must be moved at least once every 24 hours. Violators will be ticketed. Permits are sold at the Port Washington Police Department. Cost is $15.00 a month. Permits are valid in the following parking lots:
- The Washington Street parking lot ot the rear of Associated Bank
- The parking lot between Jackson Street and Pier Street, east of the Senior Citizen Center
- From October 2nd - March 31st only - The parking lot bounded by Pier Street on the north, Lake Street on the east, and Washington Street on the south. This lot is trailer parking only from April 1st - October 1st, and this parking permit is not valid in this lot during that time.
Downtown Daytime Permit Parking
This permit does not provide for on-street parking unless it is issued in lieu of a "special event". Violators will be ticketed. Permits are sold at the Port Washington Police Department. Cost is $15.00 a month. Permits are good for:
- Less than 10 hours per day - from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Parking lot by the Pebble House - may be used year round.
- Parking lot behind Harry's Restaurant - can only be used when the marina is closed (October 1st - May 1st).
No parking on any street within the city limits between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., December 1st through April 1st inclusive.
State Highway Parking
No parking on State Highway 32 (S. Spring St., W. Grand Ave., E. Grand Ave. and N. Wisconsin St.) and State Highway 33 (W. Grand Ave.) within the city between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., on all days.
Camping Trailers, RV's, Trailers and Other Vehicles
No person owning or having control of any camping trailer, mobile home, motor bus, motor home, recreational vehicle, school bus or trailer shall park the same upon any street, highway or public right-of-way of the City for a period exceeding four (4) days, whether consecutive or in the aggregate, per month.
No person shall park any vehicle on any city street for more than 24 consecutive hours. Vehicles can be towed and impounded at the owner's expense.
For more information regarding city ordinances governing this issue, please visit the City of Port Washington Municipal Codes web page.