Employment - Crossing Guard
The Port Washington Police Department maintains a School Crossing Guard program throughout the school year. The department recruits, trains and provides all equipment and uniforms for crossing guards. Crossing guards are paid for the invaluable service they provide to the community. The crossing guard staff consists of seven permanent guards and four relief or stand-by guards.
If you are interested in becoming a crossing guard, please call (262) 284-2611.
Crossing Guards monitor the following intersections/schools:
Dunwiddie Elementary School
- W. Grand Ave. at Summit Dr.
Lincoln Elementary School and Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- N. Holden St. at James Dr.
- N. Wisconsin St. at Norport Dr.
- N. Wisconsin St. at Monroe St.
St. Peter's School
- N. Wisconsin St. at Beutel Rd.
St. Mary's School
- N. Wisconsin St. at Dodge St.